Monday, November 12, 2007

What You Can Do: World Hunger




If you have looked at a news stand in the last five years, you will understand that people the world over are starving. Children routinely go to bed hungry. Starvation is a reality. There is so much suffering in the world, and so often it seems like there is so little you can do about it. I am here to tell you otherwise.

Go to http://www.freerice.com/index.php You learn vocabulary words, and people in third world nations are given food. For every word that you correctly define, 10 grains of rice are donated to help end world hunger. So far I've increased my SAT vocabulary list, and I've donated 1190 grains of rice.

This is something that you can do in just a few minutes of your time. It's fun, and more than that, it can save lives.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey darling. This is Lisa (I just started a blog... it has nothing substantial to say, but whatever.)

Anyway, I pretty much love that website.

Even though it's kind of sad that to get people to help with world hunger, we have to offer them fun games to play. *sigh*