Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

So, it's been a while since my last post.  I had some personal things to work through and didn't have time to blog.  Things are going much better now, and I finally have time to make a new entry.  
I know that everyone is probably very busy with holiday preparations (heh, I am too) and I know that this is a crazy time of year.  However, in the midst of all of this, please remember a few things.

a)  Christmas is not a time for people to give one another bits of mindless materialistic junk.  Rather, it's a time to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ.  In my head, Jesus was the original person who stood for justice.  He cared enough about helping a hurting world that he was willing to die to take away the hurt.  Think about it.  Yes, gifts are nice.  Yes, I love my presents.  But more than that, I love the God who sent his Son to die for me.  

b)  There are people in the world who will wake up on Christmas morning and not eat that day.  There are girls who will wake up in brothels.  There are little boys who will wake up and literally do slave labor.  For the victims of injustice, there are no holidays.  I'm not saying this to be depressing, but rather to remind you to pray for these people.

I hope you all have a marvelous holiday.

No comments: